Thief, mess, junkie, charmer, artist? You've got my $4! I know that there has to be icky British teeth behind that nonchalant smug and a pale, pale complexion beyond the black and white photography, but my intrigue is powerful. After reading the article about Pete's house that he rents unfurnished that he furnishes with dirty clothes, blankets (but no mattresses), kittens, and kitten poop, his lies about getting sober that even the journalist caught him in, his manic tendencies, and how to actually pronounce his last name (Dock-erty), I had to know more. Oh, and his music, imagine that, popular culture! I don't know why I'm drawn to Mr. Doherty...probably the same reasons I have that crush on Jack White. He's dirty and weird and writes dirty, weird rock. I googled the fellow during newspaper and eventually moved to video search, at which point, I found this gem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Im0tkM8tk .
Copy and paste is being weird, sorry. Here's a list of what I want to point out:
- Pete's outfit for the acceptance speech.
- Pete's face and body languge while reading the poem that says "I'm really blazed, that's why I'm this enthusiastic."
- The unenthusiastic behavior of...that other guy and how obvious it is that reading this stupid poem was not his idea.
- Pete going in for one on the lips.
- The sound Pete makes at the beginning of the song.
- The sound Pete makes at 3:57.
- How Pete is obviously inebriated but manages to put on a shirt and pull off an impressive guitar solo.
- That Pete repeats the 3:57 sound at 4:30.
- How adorable/innocent the bassist is!
But I mean, he's still lovable, right? Come on, look!